Friday, February 27, 2009

Back to Work

Well, if you thought my blogging posts were getting few and far between, then you're really in for it now! I started back to my old job, part-time, and just for a few months to cover for someone on maternity leave. I started this past Monday the 23rd. It was weird to get dressed up in scrubs again and head out the door, but then when I pulled up to work it felt totally normal, like I have been there for past two years! Here's where I work and what I wear, navy blue scrubs...no I'm not in this picture but I work with these people.
And, when I started Monday morning and getting caught up to speed with a few changes that have taken place since I've haven't been there, it all came back to me...all the information that was ingrained for almost ten years is still in there, even though I haven't thought about it for two years. It's weird, but great. I'm glad that my work called me to ask if I would be willing to cover, and asked me to come up with when I would be willing to work. They were completely flexible for me, letting me pick and choose what would work for me. I love it! And, they obviously love me too. It's a great feeling.

4 comments:

Kar said...

So is it just for a few months? Who's watching the kiddies? It sounds like you're enjoying being back again. I remember how much joy you derived from working back when I lived in SD.

Autumn said...

My good friend Kristina is watching the kids for me, I'm so lucky! The kids love her, I love her and she comes to my house so it makes it even nicer!

TheGefrom5 said...

Autumn thats awesome! :) What a great little deal. And how nice to know that you are so valued by your associates that they would think of calling you and be willing to do whatever it took to get you back. :) Good job and good luck! We miss you guys, hopefully we will see you soon:)

DRS and DDS said...

Their willingness to accommodate your needs speaks volumes of wonderful things about you. Am I surprised? No! Am I biased? You bet!