Tuesday, November 24, 2009

August's Update

The biggest event that occured in August was...Koen started Kindergarten! I can't believe that my little boy has grown up so fast! He was so excited to go to school and he still loves it! Here's Koen before we headed off for school on the first day, he loves to pose for pictures as you can see...

We walked to school. We're lucky we live so close...it's only a 10-12 minute walk.


He found his table seat with his name tag and started to meet all the kids in his class. He loves his teacher too, Mrs. Leiderman. She's awesome, really. I've been helping out in his classroom since school started and I love it. Koen looks like such a little man in this picture...



When I picked him up from school on the first day, he was so happy. He loved the first day, and was so excited to go back.


The other big event that happened in August was soccor started! This was Koen's first time playing sports and he loved it. He had no problem running after the ball...it was kicking it in the right direction that was the problem. Well, he was just learning the game and having fun, I know I certainly enjoyed watching him.


I love the above photo! Koen has great form, kicking leg straight, standing leg was elevated on his toe, so what's the problem??? The ball is still on the ground! Ha! Yep, he missed it, but doesn't he look great anyway?


Here's the team uniform. Their team name is The Silver Knights of Doom! Yeah, I think the longest name in soccor history. All the other team names were Stingers, Chargers, Bolts, Bullets, etc...nope, not our team...the kids came up with The Silver Knights of Doom...I LOVE IT! It makes me laugh just thinking about it.

2 comments:

Kar said...

The Silver Knights of Doom??? Hahahaha! Oh, that is so funny!!! That made me giggle, too. What sillies. I need to get Dylan back into some sports. Ever since I had Micah, everything has just kind of gone out the window. Time to reclaim my life!!!

emwhitte said...

SO cute! I love the soccer team name -- it definitely brings a smile to my face :)