Both Koen and Emileigh have some cute and not so cute sayings that I hear everyday. Things that are said incorrectly or repeatedly. Here they are:
"Me do it" - Emileigh is notorious for saying this no matter how many times I correct her to change the 'Me' to an 'I will'. And, she says it for everything (getting herself dressed, picking up a toy, going to the bathroom, the list goes on and on.)
"Last morning" - Koen says this when he's talking about yesterday. I'm sure he's made the connection that we say the term 'last night' when speaking about the previous evening, so obviously if he wants to talk about something that happened during the previous morning it only makes sense that it would be 'last morning'. Makes sense to me! :)
"Me too" - Can you guess who says this? That's right, Emileigh says this repeatedly in connection with anything Koen says he's going to do. Here's a typical conversation between them:
Koen: "Mom! I'm going to build a robot out of my Legos!"
Me: "Cool!" (and at the same time...)
Emileigh: "Me too."
Koen: "No Emileigh, they're my Legos, I'm going to do it."
Emileigh: "Me too!"
Me: "How about you share your Legos and you can both build something?"
Koen: "Grrr! Fine! Emileigh you play with the Legos, I'm going to play with the dinasaurs."
Emileigh: "Me too."
Oh, the conversations go on and on like this. She says it so much that even her Grandma calls her "Me Too" when referencing her in conversation. It's cute.
And lastly~
"For a long long time ago" - Koen adds the 'ago' on the end of this and he usually says it in these ways..."Can you sleep with me for a long long time ago?" "Are we going to play out side for a long long time ago?" "Daddy's been at work for a long long time ago." Etc... It's quite cute and I dread the day when he's grown up enough to realize that's not how to say it and he stops. :o(
Adventure #9 - Trip to Texas (3/18 /10- 3/22/10)
16 years ago




3 comments:
I know, it's kind of sad when they stop saying the cute things. Dylan says "For a lot of whole days" to mean "a long time ago." And Emileigh and Koen's conversations sound like Sadie and Dylan's conversations. All they do is fight all day long!
Whenever Aurora talks about things in the past it is always "last night" and thing in the future are "tonight"
Brielle ALWAYS says "Last Morning" too!!! She uses it for anything that happened befroe the current day! its hilarious, isn't it?
Post a Comment