I made her a Dora cake...
I made backpacks for all the cousins, purple for the girls and orange for the boys, that held some things like a watch, microphone, whistle, party blower, etc. I took the kids on an adventure where they had to pass the Singing Gate (using their microphones) and cross the Grumpy Old Troll's Bridge (using other things in the packs) before getting to Emileigh's Fiesta, the kids loved the backpacks and the adventure...
After that, we went to get the cake but Swiper the Fox stole it! The kids had to find yellow stars I hid all around the house and yard, and spell out Happy Birthday Emileigh, in order for the birthday cake to reappear...Emileigh got a lot of great presents! Thanks to everyone for helping to make her day a special one!
We ended her party with a Dora pinata. This thing was HUGE! I couldn't believe how big it was. Emileigh loved it and all the kids enjoyed hitting it and collecting candy in their backpacks. It was a great party!




4 comments:
What a fun idea to turn the party into an adventure a la Dora! Cute backpacks!
Oh my gosh!! What an incredible party! I can't believe all the cool ideas you had, and all the stuff you made. You are such a great mom. (And you look great - have you lost some weight? You seriously look like a size three! I'm tres jealous.)
It's kind of ridiculous how amazingly crafty you are. Nice job with everything!!
It was wonderful to be there to celebrate this precious one's birthday...and what a clever party it was!
Post a Comment