Unfortunately, my kids won't take naps anymore. Ugh! They fight me on it and then it turns into something ugly so I've resorted to "Quiet/Rest Time" where they must stay in their rooms for at least an hour. They can play with all of their toys if they want to, but they must stay in their rooms and be quiet. It has been working well overall...they get alone time, I get alone time, and sometimes, if I get so lucky, one of them will actually pass out and nap. So yesterday, at about the hour mark I noticed it was particularly quiet in both of their rooms. This could be a good thing or a bad thing so I went to investigate.
Emi was passed out on her floor, pillow under her head with toys strewn about all around her. I was excited, to say the least. That would give me at least an extra 30 minutes of quiet time before she might wake up. Yay!
So, I check on Koen next and he's not in his room (no wonder it was quiet in there)...I know he's not in Emi's room, I just checked in there...so I check in my room, as sometimes he likes to sleep on my bed...nope, not on my bed...now I start to panic a little as I'm standing in my bedroom doorway. It's WAY to quiet in the house, I try to think rationally here...I've been in the living room the entire time they've been in their bedrooms so there's no way he could have sneaked past me to get outside, yet he's nowhere! My heart is racing and my thoughts are starting to go where I don't want them to go...when...I hear breathing, and not just any breathing...deep, long, heavy breathing! What is going on!
As I try to pinpoint the location of the breather, and hoping that it is actually Koen and not some deranged maniac, I end up on my floor crawling around my bed to the far side where I see this...




3 comments:
That's hilarious!! I love it whent hey unexpectedly fall asleep, its the best! :) Thanks for your comments too, being a mom IS HARD! ;)
Look at his cute little cheek blush! I wish my kids would unexpectedly fall asleep. Sigh. They fight it tooth-and-nail, but I can sometimes dominate Sadie and make her nap. Unfortunately, my napping days are long gone. One of them is always awake. Sigh...
Oh, Autumonikerbakker--you had us laughting out loud! You DO have a way with words. :)
Love the new look too.
Post a Comment