Monday, December 8, 2008

Coupon Queen!

So I've recently heard about the great deals one can get from shopping at places like CVS and Walgreens. They have cash back rewards for certain items and when you throw coupons into the mix the savings really start to add up! I've been doing a lot of research on how to do this efficiently, easily and with the most bang for my buck. With that said, I went shopping today and I just have to share with you my fantastic savings! So here is what I purchased today from Target, Walgreens and CVS...



Total amount of products is $64.89...but wait...the amount I spent out of my pocket was only $7.96! And, I have $2.00 in RR to use on a future purchase! Here is the breakdown of what happened, and if you need any help with the abbreviations I'm going to use then go to http://www.thethriftymama.com/ for extremely helpful info. I've been visiting this site daily for tips and info!

Target

(1) Air Wick Luminair, $4.99 - MFR Q for $5.00 off = $0 OOP

Walgreens (2 purchases)

Purchase #1 was (3) Robbitusin 40oz, $6.99 each - in-store sale of $3.00 off each - MFR Q for $3.00 off each = $.99 each, with tax total OOP was $3.90, BUT got a $5.00 RR for purchasing the 3 (plus they originally rang up the items wrong and printed out a $2.oo RR so I MADE $3.10!)

Purchase #2 was (2) Walgreens brand flushable wipes on sale for 2/$5.00, I used the $5.00 RR I got from purchase #1 and only paid tax = OOP of $0.39

I still have the $2.00 RR for a future purchase!

CVS

(4) 6-packs water at $3.29 each, used $2/1 times 4 of in-store Q = $.99 each

(3) boxes of Divine Cookies, $3.49 each, in-store sale of 2/$5, used $1/1 times 3 in-store Q = $1.50 each

(2) Cherrios at $4.49 each, in-store sale of 2/$5.00 = $2.50 each

Total before Q = $32.61

in-store sales = -$6.95

CVS Q = -$11.00

ECB used = -$10.99

Total OOP = $3.67!

So, I'm extremely happy with myself for today's shopping! Now, if I can just keep this up I'll save a bundle!

6 comments:

Crystal @ The Thrifty Mama said...

Way to go!! You did awesome! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Charlene said...

Good for you Autumn! I just started doing the drugstore deals myself a few months ago, I can't tell you how much I've saved.

I get excited just to see what new deals I can make!

Kristina and Robert said...

Ok we are going shopping together so you can show me how it is done!! :)

Unknown said...

Watch out - it's addicting! You gotta get ready for the big sales coming up on Dec. 22! Lots of free stuff from CVS then!

Kar said...

Wow, Autumn!! Good work! That is amazing!!

DRS and DDS said...

You rock, Girl!