skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Happy Holidays!
I absolutely LOVE the Christmas season! We decorate our house the day after Thanksgiving complete with tree, Santas, nativities, lights, nutcrackers, snowmen, stockings, mistletoe, oh...the list goes on and on. I play Christmas music every day too, at home and in the car, and we watch Christmas movies and cartoons often. I love the sounds of Christmas, the smells, the visuals, the meaning of it, just everything about it! I love driving around at night and seeing so many houses with lights and decorations up. I have fond memories from my childhood of Christmases, my parents always made it special. Maybe that's why it still is such a magical time for me. And now that I have children, it's so much more of an amazing experience to see their little faces light up for all the same reasons mine does. I hope that your holiday season is full of magic too.
2 comments:
Ah, I needed to read that post. I've been very Scroogey this year, and last year, too. It's hard to like Christmas when you're wondering how you're going to afford a Santa present for your kids. Maybe I should ruin it and tell them the truth about Santa?? Just kidding. For now, I'm trying to steer them to really inexpensive gifts, and doing a lot of praying. You are such a holiday girl! I need to be more like you.
How wonderful that you can experience that magic with your children. Children are little magnifiers of all good things. I'm glad you remember happy Christmases as a child. You and your sisters certainly magnified our happiness...still do!
Love you!
Post a Comment