Friday, June 5, 2009

Memorial Day

For Memorial Day this year we kept it pretty low key. We met up with family at the Lake and just had a relaxing time.

The kids always love playing with their cousins and for some reason that day loved to tease the ducks, I kept catching them trying to throw rocks at the poor things! Good thing the ducks caught on and were keeping their distance.

Here's Emi and her cousin, Brielle. Emi loves Brielle. When we're at home I'll hear her talking on her play phone and she's always having a "conversation" with Brielle. When you ask her whose her best friend she always replies, "Brielle."

Here's Koen and his cousin, Blake. Koen enjoyed chasing behind Blake and his bicycle for most of the day! Needless to say, Koen was pretty tired by the time we left.
I didn't have the vehicle capacity to bring my kids' bikes to the Lake, so they took turns riding their cousin's bikes.
I think I could use this shot for blackmail in the future? I doubt Koen will want his high school friends to see this pink bike with irredescent tassles and all. ;o)

3 comments:

megan said...

HA! I love the pink bike! You go Koen.

Kar said...

Dude, Koen is getting soooo tall!!

DRS and DDS said...

Hang to the that pink bike photo. It will come in handy in a few years. :)

It's so wonderful to have strong bonds with family. Those bonds are strengthened with every happy moment together. I hope they will remember all the good times.