Thursday, June 18, 2009

Spongebob Birthday Party

Koen really wanted a Spongebob birthday party which we held on Saturday May 30th. We decorated the house as if we were under the sea and living in Bikini Bottom.
The kids played pin the jellyfish to Spongebob's net, they also played a jellyfishing game where they took turns trying to catch jellyfish in nets. We had a spongebob craft where they made little characters out of actual yellow sponges. They ate "Krabby Patties" for lunch and they were able to build their own exactly how they wanted to. I also made mini dessert "Krabby Patties" cookies with the help of my friend Kristina. They turned out so cute!
There was of course a gigantic pinata which the kids loved and Koen made out with some pretty awesome gifts! The kids got to go away with goodie bags filled with candy, Spongbob fruit snacks, and a bottle of pineapple shaped and scented bubbles. We sure had fun planning the party and I think it was a huge hit!

3 comments:

Quinn Family said...

How creative...and so fun!

Kar said...

Autumn, you should seriously be a party planner. You plan every detail so perfectly! I love Spongebob so much. It's like my favorite show. Seriously.

DRS and DDS said...

I love the continuity in all your designs, games, decor, and food.

Really, you would be an awesome party planner, although I know you get much joy now from the happiness it brings to those you love.