Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy October

Yes...happy October to all! I just finished getting all of my Halloween decorations up in my house and I feel like the holidays are beginning. I love this time of year!

To those of you who frequently read my blog, I must apologize for not posting in the last two weeks. But, I have a really good excuse as I have started my own business! I designed a zippered tote handbag and have spent the last few weeks sewing like a mad woman getting ready for the Oktoberfest fair they have here. I (and my friend, Libby) had a booth where I launched my handbag there and did quite well! Yay! I made a little over 60 bags for Oktoberfest and I sold 40 of them. Not bad at all. I call my label 'Smitten Brand' and I've started an ebay store too. If you want to check it out then go to http://stores.ebay.com/Smitten-Brand I hope to set up a website too so I'll let you all know when that happens. A lot of the really cute fabrics I had selected had sold out during Oktoberfest, but check my ebay store often as I'm already making more bags to list and sell.

3 comments:

Kar said...

Good for you, Autumn!! I'll have to go check them out. Oh, hey, and I nominated your blog for an award! Look at my blog under the post entitled "Lost in Translation."

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome! Have you considered doing an etsy store? I could look around etsy.com for literally hours!

DRS and DDS said...

Checked out your ebay store and it looks great!
Cute design and you can't get any better than 100% positive feedback. Love the fabrics!