I just spent four glorious days in beautiful Hawai'i, and I miss it already! I loved it there! My mother-in-law, Nela, went with me and we had a fabulous time. We kept ourselves very busy and I didn't let anytime go to wast. Poor Nela, we walked so much. I took a bunch of pictures and will post at intervals with segments from our trip. Our first day on the island of Oahu we spent exploring Waikiki. We visited the International Marketplace where they have hundreds of kiosk-type stands. We bought plumerias for our hair and I made sure to wear mine on the left side so others would know that I was unavailable (I'm sure Rolf appreciated that)...Nela made sure to wear hers on the right. ;o) We also walked along Waikiki Beach and looked for seashells, not an easy task as most of the locals collect them for jewelry making, well before most people wake up. We couldn't find any and decided we would try to wake up really early on Tuesday to find them.
Here's me at the International Marketplace...
Here's Waikiki Beach with a partial view of Diamond Head...
Here's the famous Banyan Tree at Waikiki Beach...




2 comments:
How beautiful! The Diamond Head shot looks like a postcard. Your photo is reminding us of a little girl who used to live at our house:) So happy you and Nela had such a wonderful time. Can hardly wait for more...
Love you!
How fun for me, to have all these posts to read! Man, you don't blog for a week or two, and bam! I have a lot of catching up to do! You look fabulous in that picture - very svelte. I went to Hawaii when I graduated from high school and loved it so much, but Waikiki wasn't my favorite. So busy.
Post a Comment