So Tuesday morning we awoke early to try to get down to the beach to collect seashells, but still we had no luck. Maybe Waikiki Beach doesn't have any? Anyway, we were there before sunrise so I snapped a picture of the moon overlooking the beach right before dawn. I thought it was a great photo...
We spent most of Tuesday at the Polynesian Cultural Center. If you ever go to Hawai'i you must visit there! The trip from Waikiki takes about an hour or so but you get to see the island on the drive. On our way up we saw this, it's called Chinaman's Hat and is located off the shore of Kualoa Park, in Kaneohe Bay. I'm sure you can see why it's called Chinaman's Hat...

The Polynesian Cultural Center sits on 42 acres of Church-owned property. The Temple and BYU Hawaii also sit on those acres. Here's the temple. The grounds are gorgeous and there's this beautiful reflecting pool that stretches out in front of it.

Here's a view from the temple, with the temple behind me looking out. All the land you see is Church owned.
2 comments:
Autter,
You ought to enter that dawn shot in a contest! Absolutely gorgeous!! All the photos are great. Your artist's eyes are evident.
Love you!
I can't believe how pretty that shot is of the moon at dawn. I wish I was a good photographer. I adore the PCC. It's so fun to learn about each island's traditions and culture.
Post a Comment