Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Fair

We went to the San Diego County Fair today with some friends and we had a great time. When we first arrived there was a man in a robot suit that the kids went nuts over! They had their picture taken with him and Koen kept taking about the robot through out our time there.



Carni food is a must when at the fair so while pizza was consumed by you know who, the kids enjoyed cotton candy and other snacks.



We always enjoy walking through the Flower and Garden Show and the Bing Crosby Hall of infomercial booths, I love that! We took the kids to the Livestock Barns where they got to pet some of the animals.


We also got the chance to ride an elephant! Her name was Kitty...how they ever came up with that one beats me. Anyway, the kids loved the ride! I have to say it was pretty cool. How many people can say they rode on the back of an elephant? I had Koen reach down to pet her and he didn't like that the elephant's hair was so prickly, it wasn't soft or cuddly like a Kitty should be!


Even though it was extremely hot, we all had a great time! The fair is something I look forward to every year and I'm glad Koen and Emileigh are old enough to enjoy it too.

1 comment:

Kar said...

Oh, this brings back such good memories! I was there a year ago! I can't believe how much time has flown. That is AWESOME that you got to ride an elephant! I've always wondered what that would be like. And I'm surprised that "Kitty" was prickly, too. You think, from all that wrinkly skin, that they'll be soft and fuzzy to touch.