Thursday, September 11, 2008

First Day of School

Koen started preschool this week. He was so excited to go and he loved it there. He walked right in and started playing and when it was time for me to leave he just looked at me and happily said, "Bye Mom!" I took some pictures of him before we left for school. I still can't believe how big he is getting...honestly, he looks like he should be starting first grade. The other day I was shopping with the kids and the checker looked at me funny and then asked me why my kids weren't in school. I chuckled and stated that they weren't old enough and proceeded to tell her their ages and so forth, getting the normal reactions of surprise that they are SO big for their ages and that she thought for sure he was at least in Kindergarten...yada, yada, yada. Then, later I was a little miffed that she even dare ask...what business is it of hers anyway? Who's to say they weren't a little sick that day or maybe I home school my kids? Anyway, I think this is just the beginning of what I'm going to hear they're entire lives.

4 comments:

Kar said...

Koen definitely looks older than he is!! And he is more mature, I think, too. He and Dylan are, what, a year apart? But they played as if they were in the same age. I actually remember being in nursery with Sadie when she was having a tough time transitioning into nursery, and looking at Koen and thinking, poor guy - I'll bet he's sooo ready to be in Sunbeams.

TheGefrom5 said...

He looks so cute. Don't worry about what anyone says, kids all grow at such different rates, (Look at our 3 girls!!) And everyone has an opinion! I used to get bent outta shape when people would make screw-ball comments and then I realized people commenting on the smae thing, but with COMPLETELY different views. People are crazy. You just have to chalk it up to that! Your kids are adorable...mind your own business check-out lady!!!

DRS and DDS said...

Oh can he really be old enough for pre-school? I mean it REALLY seems like yesterday that he was a sweet baby content to be rocked to and fro...

He looks so happy and ready to conquer whatever comes his way. It's a secure child who can just wave Mom away with a smile on his face. Look out world...here he comes!

As to that checkout lady and other inquisitive folks...next time just tell them your children have intellects to match their physiques. Perhaps they know of a school for gifted children? :)

DRS and DDS said...

P.S. I just noticed Gift from the Sea on your book list. I have loved that book since I was a junior in high school. I gave Grandma a copy many, many years ago. Love you!