Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day at the Lake

This year for Labor Day we went to the Lake for a picnic with family. We had a great time, the weather was perfect, and we even got to ride on a small motor boat around the lake. We tried to feed the ducks but they were no where in site! That was a first. Here is a picture of Emi with two of her cousins (they are all the same age, only a few weeks apart between them). She always loves to play with the girls.




Here we are out on the lake. The kids were a little apprehensive at first to get on the boat but they loved it once we were out on the water. Don't they look cool in their shades!

The following picture is one for the record book...Koen was given one of those lollipops with a scorpion in the center, you know the ones, they come with all sorts of gross bugs in them, real ones. He didn't want to even lick the lollipop at first, but we convinced him that he would just be licking candy for awhile until he got to towards the center. So, he started licking it. Well, he got to the scorpion and somehow, Daddy got him to try to eat it! I couldn't believe he was taking bites of the scorpion! Gross! Anyway, I must say that he was such a sport about it and all the adults there were impressed that he was doing it. He actually took a few bites of it...

This is him with scorpion bits in his mouth. His daddy is holding the green lollipop, you can kind-of see the bug inside. Shortly after all of this, Koen came up to me and said, "Mom, I think I have a scorpion leg in my teeth." No joke, that's what he said. Now, how many times do you think a Mom has heard that one? Probably never. You gotta love it!

2 comments:

Kar said...

Oh my gosh, Koen is soooo brave. I wouldn't even lick the candy. I didn't know they have lollipops with bugs in them? Who thought of that, seriously?

DRS and DDS said...

It's great to have cousins close by and close in age. I'm sure they'll have many girlie adventures together.

Scorpion?! Blech, blech...more than my lollipop would be green! I'm glad I saw this AFTER the fact. If he can channel that grit and gumption, there will be no stopping him.